Dendritic Cell Therapy
Dendritic Cell Therapy is a powerful form of immune therapy used to fight cancer. It uses resources which already exist within the human body, namely, Dendritic Cells. They trigger the immune system to produce cells which fight cancer, and tell those cells how to do it.
What is the Dendritic cell’s function?
How Do Dendritic Cell's Perform
It is essential to increase the number of dendritic cells in the body. It gets done via dendritic cell vaccine or dendritic cell generation from monocytes.
Dendritic Cell Vaccine
First immature dc has to be infused in vivo to collect antigens. Then the MoDC are harvested from the patients to yield enough cells for clinical application. They are matured and then re-infused in the patients, which can help induce a tumor-specific immune response. Thus,the DC vaccines help activate the immune system. This therapy is used in prostate cancer, melanoma, and other cancer treatments, which help elicit anti-cancer immunity and help control cancer growth and dissemination.
The advantage of DC vaccines for cancer treatment is their safety and potent ability to combine with other immunotherapies in patients and experimental models.
How Is the Dendritic Vaccine Made
- Extract blood sample along with cancer cells from the patient
- Grow the immature precursor cells in the lab
- Grow the dendritic cells and cancer cells together. It helps the dc to recognize the cancer cells.
- It is continued for about 2 to 3 weeks when the dendritic cells are ready to help create a robust immune system and fight the cancer cells.
- It is administered to the patient.
Dendritic Cells Generation from Monocytes
What is Dendritic Cell Cancer Treatment?
Dendritic Cell Cancer therapy is a type of immunotherapy which helps to bolster your immune system and natural defences against cancer, by training and creating more dendritic cells.It is one of the methods used in many a dendritic cell therapy clinic world over nowadays.
It is highly advanced and targeted therapy, with a number of steps:
- Some dendritic cells are extracted from your body
- These cells are trained to fight the type of tumour which you have
- More of these trained cells are grown
- The cells are then re-injected into the body, acting as a dendritic cell-based cancer vaccine
- The dendritic cells move to the lymph nodes and activate, multiply and increase cancer fighting cells – T-cells and B-cells.
The benefits have been extensively researched and it has been proven a completely viable and safe alternative to conventional treatment. It has become a pillar in alternative cancer treatment, and has been adopted into many successful programmes across the world.
Types Of Cancer Treated Using Dendritic Cell Therapy
- Internal organs
Efficacy Of the Dendritic Cell Therapy for Cancer
- 100% strengthening of immunity
- 60% reduced resistance to cancer therapy
- 60% successful in destroying cancer cells
- 70% success in relapse risk.
Benefits Of Dendric Cell Therapy for Cancer
- Target cancer cells without harming healthy cells
- Improves outcomes in various cancer treatments
- Milder side effects
- Shrinks tumor size
- Moves tumor location where it makes it possible to remove it surgically.
- Common side effects of dendritic cell therapy
- Eye inflammation, irritated or dry eyes
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Bowel inflammation
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Shortness of breath
- Thyroid problem
- Excessive thirst
Why Choose Dendritic Cell Cancer Treatment with Verita Life?
At Verita Life, immune therapy is a big part of our patient care regimen. Along with other planned programmes that combat cancer cells, leaving your natural defenses intact and strengthening them through proven therapies and natural boosters. Many conventional cancer treatments have severe side effects which the body has to stand up to. Dendritic cell cancer treatment ensures that patients spend less time fighting the symptoms of their cancer treatment, and more time fighting cancer itself.
Verita Life equips you with the best tools possible to fight cancer. As Dendritic Cell Cancer Treatment is complex and highly specialised, only a few laboratories are equipped to perform the training and culturing portion of the process. Verita Life collaborates with a laboratory in Germany to assure the very best quality of cells. We also create personalised treatment plans, which adopt a number of our different integrated treatments, to best suit your body. You can learn more about this process and how we work with you to perform it, by booking a free consultation today.