CELLULAR BASICS AND THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
THE BASIC UNIT OF ALL ORGANISMS
- The Human body consisits of cells.
- Every organ has specific cells with specific functions and characteristics.
- Every cell has to divide itself and replicate to replace old and damaged cells, and to grow.
- Almost all cells have a cell core.
ENCODES THE GENETIC INFORMATION
- The DNA is located inside the cell core.
- It regulates every function of the cell.
- It determines when a cell should divide, or start a self destruction process in case of damage.
The Immune System
IT’S ORIGINS AND COMPONENTS
- Around 4% of our body weight consists of bone marrow.
- It produces around 500 billion blood cells per day, which also includes the lymphocytes, the white blood cells.
- White blood cells have many sub-types and they are essential for good health and protection against illness and disease.
THE PROTECTION MECHANISM OF OUR CELLS