Just by the mere mention of the word ‘Breast Cancer’, most women may conjure up images of death, lifetime suffering, disfigurement and hopelessness. As stated by breastcancer.org, approximately 40,000 women succumb to Breast Cancer every year, and 1 in 8 women would develop invasive Breast Cancer in her life.
So what are some of the ways to live cancer-free and prevent becoming a statistic yourself, with such alarming odds stacked heavily against you? If truth be told, there are in fact a lot of things you can do to help at least lower your risk and live healthily.
Cancer is a disease that can be considered preventable by way of opting for healthier lifestyle changes, like exercising regularly, maximising your vitamin D levels, being mindful of one’s diet, and most importantly, to avoid toxic sources as much as you can. You may not be aware of it, but some possibly toxic materials are within your close contact on a usual basis. That’s why the importance of taking inventory of your personal care and household products and furnishings is a must. Overexposure to toxins is a major contribution in developing Cancer; recent findings are actually beginning to uncover on most of the major culprits of the disease.
Researchers Recognise the ‘Highest Priority’ Toxins for Preventing Breast Cancer
A latest research of the Environmental Health Perspectives, published in the NIH (National Institutes of Health) journal, indicated that one could minimise the risk of the disease by not using certain chemicals contained in common, daily products. As recounted by Rodale, since the study discovered that animal tests can expect prospective human breast carcinogens, the recent study can act as a major step up in terms of prevention of Breast Cancer, increasing the list of what likely triggers this disease. This is very significant due to the fact that merely around 10% of Breast Cancers are genetically inclined—experts are certain that environment serves as a major factor…
‘Every woman in America has been exposed to chemicals that may increase her risk of getting breast cancer. Unfortunately, the link between toxic chemicals and breast cancer has largely been ignored,’ says Julia Brody, PhD, study author and executive director at Silent Spring Institute. ‘Reducing chemical exposures could save many, many women’s lives.’
Using Cosmetics and Antiperspirants Can Be a Culprit
Earlier findings have shown that all parabens contain estrogenic activity in human breast cancer cells. Parabens are chemicals which act as preservatives in most cosmetics especially in antiperspirants and also lotions. Whilst parabens can be commonly found in antiperspirants, authors suggest that the parabens source could not be identified, and that 7 out of 40 patients allegedly never used antiperspirants or deodorants in their lifetime. However, what this result tells us is that, irrespective of the source, parabens could bioaccumulate in the breast tissue—and there are various sources. That being said, it seems that the dermal route is the most substantial form of exposure.
Other Ways for Preventing Breast Cancer
More often, 75% to 90% of Breast Cancers can be prevented by diligently applying some lifestyle changes recommended here.
More healthy fat but less protein. Try to minimize your protein intake to 1 gram per kilogram of lean body weight. You can replace the lost protein and carbohydrates with good quality fats like coconut oil, avocados, high-quality meats and organic eggs from pastured hens. There’s convincing indication that a ketogenic diet helps in preventing and treating various cancer forms.
- Avoid sugar if you can, particularly fructose. Lessen or avoid processed foods, grain-based foods and sugar/fructose from your diet. Actually, all kinds of sugar are harmful to health as a whole and may promote cancer. But fructose is the most damaging. As much as possible, reduce your overall fructose consumption to less than 25 grams daily.
- Include cancer-combating whole foods spices and herbs to your diet like broccoli.
- Boost your Vitamin D. Vitamin D impacts practically each and every cell in the human body and is in fact one of nature’s most effective cancer fighters. Vitamin D can enter cancer cells and activate apoptosis or cell death. Research has found that Vitamin D destroys cancer cells as potently as the breast cancer drug, Tamoxifen, minus any of the harmful side effects and at a lesser cost. Not to mention that Vitamin D works in synergy with any cancer treatment without detrimental effects.
- Avoid wearing bras with underwire. There’s a substantial deal of information that bras with metal underwire optimise the risk of breast cancer.
- Go for organic products. Take account of what you use in a daily basis and if you can find some organically-produced substitutes for them, the better; it may be the food you eat, the clothing that you wear, the bed linens you sleep in, the laundry, detergent and shampoo that you use that may already be producing toxins and you’re not even aware of them. All those small things count, as it’s the accrued exposure from these different sources which could end up doing harm. As in the case of personal care belongings and household cleaners, you could look for affordable replacements that contain non-toxic raw materials. For instance, take a look inside your kitchen cupboard such as coconut oil, vinegar and baking soda—you’ll be surprised that these simple organic items can prove to be very useful for a lot of things.
Preventing this disease is far better than trying to fight it. But how do you avoid those chemical hazards when there are just so many? The answer lies in cleaning up your life where your water, food, clothing, furnishings as well as your other items you use on a daily basis and make them as close to unprocessed and natural as possible.
Developments in Cancer-testing goes hand-in-hand with advancements in Cancer treatment. Whereas Cancer management used to depend on Surgery, Radiation Therapy, and full-dose Chemotherapy, newer, less invasive, and equally effective means have come to the fore. Verita Life’s Integrative Cancer Treatments offer the best and most efficient in Cancer care with holistic therapies that aid in maintaining the body’s overall equilibrium while fighting cancer.
Contact us for more information about our treatments and how you can benefit from the various therapies we provide.
Source: Health Nut News